Saturday 6 July 2013

KLIAV Show 2013: 1st Day 5th July

It was an agony to wait till 2 pm before I can get off work and head towards JW Marriot for the show. I dont know why but I had afeeling that this year's show will have something different and also more exciting.

I actually do have a few purchase objective this year as compared to last year. Mainly:

1. 65" TV
2. Audeze LCD-2 Headphone
3. Blu Ray and LPs

The usual shops when you enter the show are Desa Home Theatre, PCOM, Asia Sound etc...

Unfortunate for me...65" TV are still in 5 figure values...which my mind constantly think that at that price....I might as well go for projector and screen set up...

Asia Sound
Went in to see Rega.....Elicit M caught my eye. 



Jo Ki
Then I went up to 8th floor...and the first room I went to was our local resident guru...Jo Ki...

As usual...this set up amazes me.... small speakers with big sound...



Musical Fidelity by LTB
Next door...to Jo Ki was LTB Enterprise...Apparently...I am known as Musical Fidelity technical expert in this room hahahahah. Wonder wherre I get this reputation from....NO guru I am.....just my ears are tuned towards the MF sound signature..

Just FYI...LTB have been around for 21 years in Malaysia...

Tony have 2 simple set ups:


All the M1 series are shown here except for M1-HPAP.

On active display are the M1 SDAC (DAC pre amp) into M1 PWR power amp, driving a pair of Boston speakers, with the M1 CDT as source.

The M1 CLiC network player is hooked up into the second system.

On static display are the M1 DAC, M1 ViNL phono stage.



The second set up comprises of M6 series.

All active set up....with M6 CD player feeding into the M6 DAC....into the M6i integrated amp driving a pair of Dynaudio.... and also the M1 CLiC is connected to the M6i as well...

Visitors are entertained by the witty Tony, his daughter and Shamir.

For a simple set up, the M6 sounds pretty darn good..

Annnnddd lots of items are on bundle and special price...I KID YOU NOT... some are even cheaper than when I bought them..


TAD and Bryston by AV Designs

I must say....this is the best set up for me...monstrous set up for full Bryston system....

James and Low spared no expense to have this set up in the show....

And the Model T speakers....have shown its full potential given the bigger room compared to when I demoed it in the show room.

And I have my eyes on the Mini T and Middle T....

Both home cinema and 2 channel hifi duties....the Model T package surpass all my expectation... The soundstage and depth presented by these speakers really move my soul... People unexpectedly thought these wre other speaker brand...and have high praises on this set up.


 

The full list for the Bryston set up is Starhill 6 as follows:

•          JVC DLA-RS46                                   

•          Panamorph CineVista lens

•          JVC DLA-RS48   

•          Panamorph UH480EC lens

•          Screen Research 140” wide TheatreCurve CineScope 2.40 format acoustically transparent screen

•          Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray players

•          Bryston SP3 pre-amp / processor

•          Bryston BP17 pre-amp

•          Bryston BDP-2 media player

•          Bryston BDA-2 external DAC

•          Bryston 28B SST2 power amp

•          Bryston 4B SST2 power amp

•          Bryston 3B SST2 power amp

•          Bryston Model T Signature speakers

•          Bryston T-PX-1 crossovers

•          Bryston TC1 centre speaker

•          Bryston Mini T speakers

•          Bryston TSUB sub-woofers

•          Bryston BIT 16 INTL power conditioner

•          AudiophileBase StarBase Framework and platforms

•          Finite Elemente racks

•          All cabling (except HDMI and some power cords) from WyWires.

Aint that IMPRESSIVE???


And for the TAD system in Starhill 5:

1. D600 Disc Player

2. C2000 Pre-amp

3. M2500 Power amp

4. CR1 MK II speakers

5. Bryston BIT 16 INTL power conditioner

6. All cables from WyWires

7. AudiophileBase QuattraBase Framework c/w Base and StrataBase platforms


SVS by Maxx Audio


I am not really familiar with SVS....read a lot about it...but this is the first time I get to listen to their 5.1 channel set up with full SVS speaker package and sub.... Maaaannnn it was really good..even it was palced in a small room. I am particularly interested in the subwoofer on the right...

Max was entertaining as usual...I might need him to come to my house again....and really set up the projector and screen.

Nagra

For this room....I must grant the owner to be the most informative exhibitor.

Very friendly and just explained to me that Nagra philosophy is not to keep on producing new kit...but just take the existing ones and tune it to improve the sound. Apparently, Nagra is the oldest hifi company in the world? 

The black speakers were driven by fully tubed pre amp and monoblocks. Sound was actually very warm and neutral. I LIKE.

CMY

CMY have 4 show rooms on this level and one main room on Level 4. 

The set ups at this level were Dynaudio/Jeff Rowland, Audiolab/Mission, Naim/ProAc....and... I forgot the other one.

On level 4, they have static display of various products plus headphones....and also this is where the have bargains on certain kit and also LPs.



Focal Utopia


One of the more grander 2 channel set up. I guess this was one of the room that have very high expectation especially it kicked off with a full official press conference and speeches... which me and a few other hifi friends from Analogue Fellowship accidently crashed in the press conference... Sorry Mr. Dick Tan...really didnt realize that there was a press conference.

Nevertheless...I had a chance to listen to this set up later. And it was a grand scale of things... driven by a full Mcintosh set up.

LP and Blu Ray Bargains

I managed to get 2 of The Mamas and the Papas for RM 85... and Blu Ray is on 2 for RM100 sale... I bought 8 titles...

On LPs.....NOTE: Know your price out there....to ensure you get the best bargain here...

My Cravings....contemplating ...Should I go For it????

Audeze LCD2


Dared DAB retro radio... YES... Malaysia have DAB....


Crazy Stuff That You Must Try

Claimed to be the most expensive headphone in the world... The Abyss...RM15,000... Available at Jaben room.



BEST HIGHLIGHT:

Teh Tarik, Keuy Teow Goreng, Rojak Buah and sate with HiFi4sale member and my best friend from college...and also meet up with the Analogue Fellowship big boys.

No comments: