Friday 6 September 2013

Old Is Good!!!











A long lost love.... Rekindled today...

Thanks to the cupid... Mr. Drife... Who found this unit to be sold to me... The lucky buyer...thanks bro...

I purchased this unit 1999 for GBP 300 from Sevenoaks Brighton... Matched it with my previous MF X-DAC and XA1/XA50... And TDL RTL3SEs...But due to financial crisis as a student where my bank balance was about 85 pence, had to sell it for just GBP 100 after less than 1 year of use.

I use this CDP to synchronously dub music into MDs on my SONY ES MD player besides play endless hours of CDs from HMV/Virgin stores..

Eversince I got back into hifi bug in 2008, I have been looking high and low for a 2nd hand unit on ebay but to no avail... Except for the ones in the US...

Now its back in my hands...loving it...

Its unconventional... But I will review this old unit... Because:

1. Its a model that was not available in Malaysia

2. To see whether old is better/at par/worst than new

3. Because I want to and this is my blog :) woooohhhhoo

So stay tune...

No comments: